Thursday, December 6, 2007

Yummy Dinner Idea

One thing (among many) that I love about cold weather is making soup for dinner. Not only is it easy, it's healthy and warms us up. Tonight Stephen is riding his bike in the low 30 degree weather so I wanted to make something that would make him feel warm and cozy when he gets home. So I made potato soup and biscuits. It was delicious. So, for all of you out there that want to add a new recipe to you repertoire, here ya go!

Easy Potato Soup

4 Cups diced potatoes

1/3 Cups chopped onion

3 Tbsp. butter

1/2 C water

3 cloves garlic, chopped

1 1/2 tsp salt

1/8 tsp pepper

2 Cups milk

1/2 Cup cheese

Add potatoes, onion, and garlic to melted butter with water. Cook until potatoes are tender. Mash potatoes with spoon or potato masher. Add milk and cheese. Cook until thick.

Biscuits (makes 10-12 biscuits)
***I half this recipe for the three of us

2 Cups unbleached flour

4 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp cream of tartar

2 tsp sugar

1/2 Cup organic or conventional shortening

2/3 Cup milk

Mix dry ingredients. Cut in shortening with knife until there are coarse crumbs. Add milk and mix well. Roll out onto floured surface until 1/2 inch thick. Cut with floured biscuit cutter. Bake at 450 for 10-12 minutes.

2 comments:

Josh Via said...

To be honest, I can't say that I actually read this recipe, but I do think you and Steven are pretty cool people!! Tell him I said hello and he's hardcore. Thanks. .josh.

Rhonda said...

Thanks Josh. I can't believe you didn't try this recipe, come on!
:)
We think you guys are cool too.
I hope we get to know you guys better.
Have a wonderful day.