Sunday, December 30, 2007

Exercise Anyone???

Ever since I had Jubal, I have been through several phases of exercising. From walking, to jogging, to working out at the YMCA, to spin class. My favorite phase was the YMCA. When Stephen worked in mental health, he received a membership at the Y. He gave that to me...hooray! I really enjoyed it. I could get up early, go work out, and come home just in time for Stephen to go to work. But when he lost his job, we lost the membership. So, back to the drawing board. I ended up walking about 2-3 times a week pushing Jubal in the stroller and then riding my mountain bike 1 mile (pulling Jubal in the trailer) to the library once a week. Then something happened; Jubal got heavier. It was getting a little more difficult to push that stroller up the hills and pull the trailer to the library. Then Stephen mentioned a couple weeks ago about getting me a stationary trainer for my bike. Tadah!!! There was my answer. I could ride on the trainer and Jubal could play in the backyard. It gets better. Yesterday, we went to a consignment shop that sells outdoor gear and there it was... a stationary trainer for a nice price. Hooray! Stephen bought it for me and set it up. I am so excited. I have my own little spin class at my house, whenever I want. And the best part, Jubal can run his own little childwatch. Thanks Stephen for buying that for me. It will be used well.

No comments: