Monday, December 17, 2007

Opening Presents in VA

This weekend we went to VA to exchange gifts with my parents, my brother and his family, and my grandmother. It was great seeing my grandma. She is in her mid 80's and she is so great. Although the years are taking their toll, she is still so independent and does a lot of stuff on her own. She lost her husband (my grandpa) to cancer right before Jubal was born and I really cherish every time I get to see her. I love her so much. I also got to spend some quality time with my nephews which was so great. They are getting so big and so handsome and I love getting to hang out with them. My oldest nephew is learning to play the guitar and he played a couple songs for us. I am so proud!

Jubal had a blast opening all of his presents. He got some neat things. He got a big aqua doodle, a blinky ball, and an awesome handmade longboard. I will post a picture soon because it's really incredible. A good friend of ours made it and it will be in our family for a long time. Jubal is so excited about it and will be our extreme longboard dude in the family. (Stephen and I will enjoy riding it too ;).
On our way home we got to see it snow. It was exciting. We love the snow. I am hoping for a nice snow storm this winter.
It's good to be home.

No comments: