Saturday, December 22, 2007

Packin' a punch

"Pride only breeds quarrels,
but wisdom is found in those who take advice."
Proverbs 13:10

I read this in my quiet time today and Wow! it really got ahold of me.
God has revealed things in my life that are hard to swallow and today this verse really convicted me. I won't ramble on and on about my personal struggles but I do want to praise Jesus for helping me see that I have pride. Yes, it's hard to admit, but it lifts a lot off my shoulders. When I stubbornly admitted it to Stephen this morning, I immediately felt walls coming down.
I am so thankful that God loves me enough to reveal my sin and also give me Scripture to show me how to deal with it and move on. It's not in my own strength that I will rid of my pride, it's through Jesus. And for that I am grateful. I am looking forward to Christ's humility in me producing the courage to heed advice. What a joy it will be when I don't feel the need to defend myself but to learn from and admit my mistakes. It's not about me, it's about Jesus and the freedom He gives.

No comments: