Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Hiking to Starbucks????

This week has been so great. We have had lots of great family time this week. I love it when Stephen is off work. He is an awesome daddy and husband. I appreciate the time that we get to spend together and the time that Stephen invests in Jubal's life. I am so proud of him and the love that he has for his family. What a blessing!
Yesterday and today we went exploring and hiked some cool routes. We hiked on Slatey Creek Loop trail yesterday, in Mills River, and it was absolutely beautiful. We were way out in the national forest and it was so peaceful and relaxing.

Today we hiked 1 mile on the snow-dusted Mountains to Sea trail and ended up at Starbucks. Yippeee!!! It was so fun. Jubal was a little trooper too and hiked pretty much the whole way. He only crashed once. Whew! What a treat that was to hike, drink my chai, and then hike some more. So nice.
It has been such a wonderful Christmas. I have enjoyed it a lot and have reflected a lot on the past year. I am excited about the things I have learned and look forward to the year ahead.
I hope everyone reading this had a wonderful, memory-filled Christmas like I did.

No comments: