Saturday, November 10, 2007

Playin' in the Leaves


I finally got the ol' rake out and made a nice pile of leaves for me (yes, me!) and Jubal to jump in. He has been asking for a few days now and I keep waiting for the weather to warm up a little so we can enjoy it without freezing our noses off. It was a lot of fun. Jubal kept jumping up and wiggling like a worm saying, "I'm crunchy, I'm crunchy!" As Jubal jumped in, I kept thinking something was different. Then it hit me.... we didn't have as many leaves as last year. Then a lightbulb came on; Jubal is quite a bit taller than last year. It wasn't that there weren't as many leaves, it's that he is bigger than last year. Duh! Ya know, it's crazy how fast he has grown over the last year. I know that's part of life but sometimes it's hard to let go of the baby days. I don't know if it's a mommy thing or what but seeing my child grow up is kind of bitter-sweet. It's so cool to see them talking more, reason more, and becoming more independent. Yet it's sad to think that time has just flown by. I have thoroughly enjoyed the past 3 years and I really need to cherish the years ahead. God has really blessed me and Stephen with a wonderful son and I am so thankful for that. I am looking forward to many more leaf jumping days. I am also challenged to hold dear the present days of our energetic lil' fella.

1 comment:

Building Walls said...

Rhonda.. I love this.. and you :) and know exactly what you mean. Just today I Was sitting back in amazement that my kids are growing, Jacob starts school next year.. and wanting to hold on. Guess that means it's a wonderful life :) Who knows what's in store!