Wednesday, November 28, 2007

A new day


Today was such a fun day. Jubal was in a good mood and was very good today. (That's not unusual). We went to the library for story time and played at the playground afterwards. It was such a beautiful cool day and it was nice to be outside. Then we ran a couple errands afterwards and headed home. After Jubal's nap, we read books, played outside and did a few little chores. Jubal enjoys helping us around the house and we want to instill in him the value of work and having fun while doing it. He loves helping us gather wood and kindling for the woodstove. He puts the wood in his wagon and pulls the wagon to the front porch and unloads it. Yes, he really does those things. He loves it. It's amazing how valued he feels when he gets to help. He is a good helper and Stephen and I really appreciate that about him.
I also got some much needed things done. I worked on some pillows and baby crib ties (for Quilt Baby), made bread, and a batch of granola. Mmmm.... our house smelled so good. I love doing stuff like that. It's amazing how much money is saved when making things from scratch too. I am so thankful I have the time to do that kind of stuff. I will post some recipes on my blog in the near future for those that may be interested.
Well, that's all for now. I hope all of you had a wonderful day like we did.




3 comments:

Building Walls said...

jimelliotRhonda I love you! And.. I wish we were neighbors... :)

Building Walls said...

ok I was trying to go straight from something else to this and somehow got a jim elliot on the comment.. bet you're glad I'm NOT your neighbor!!!! :) but I still love you! :)

Rhonda said...

I love you too Mary!!!!!
I would love for you to be my neighbor. We would have so much fun.
Have a wonderful day.