Monday, April 21, 2008

What a great day

This weekend was pretty amazing. My hubby completed a 100 mile mountain bike race. I am so proud of him.

We woke up around 5 AM Saturday to the sound of rain. Poor Stephen, it looked like he was going to have a wet start. We headed to the Ocoee Whitewater Center where the 100 mile adventure started.
At 7 AM Jubal and I cheer Stephen on as he races up a long ascent to get to the trail. I am so excited about his determination to do this.

(my little sleepyhead)

About an hour into it, Jubal and I get to see Stephen come through again at the whitewater center. Since the course is a big loop, this will be the last time we see him until the finish.

Until then we play, save a snail, take a nap, play in the Ocoee river and wait.


Stephen thought that it would take approximately 10 hours for him to finish. After the much anticipated wait (10 hours and 55 min), Jubal and I see Stephen go through the finish line. I am so relieved, (last year he ended up in the hospital) excited and giddy that he finished. Jubal is yelling at the top of his lungs, with cowbell in hand, "Go daddy go!!!!" It was really cute.

Needless to say, Stephen is amazing and full of determination. I am so proud of him.



No comments: