Tuesday, May 26, 2009

For the Bathroom

I love these ideas for the bathroom. I have tried most of them and they really work. I would love to hear any success stories out there!



1) Drain Cleaner - Pour 1 Cup soda, 1 cup salt, and 1/2 cup distilled vinegar down sink, tub, or shower drain. Let sit for about 15 minutes. Flush with hot water.



2) Clean combs, hairbrushes, curlers, loofahs, and makeup applicators by soaking in a solution of 4 tbsp baking soda in 1 quart water.



3) Grout cleaners - Clean mildew stains from grout with baking soda sprinkled on a wet toothbrush. Rinse well.



4) Clean chrome fixtures, sinks, tubs, showers, shower doors, ceramic tile with baking soda on a damp sponge. Rinse well.



5) Clean shower curtains of mildew by sprinkling soda on stains and scrubbing with wet brush. Rinse well and dry.



6) Clean the toilet bowl with 1/2 cup soda sprinkled in and scrubbed with toilet brush. Rinse.



3 comments:

Maggie Elliott said...

Hey Rhonda!! Great baking soda ideas! I use it for my toilet, but add vinegar and let it sit for about 15 min before cleaning. Works well! Thanks for all the ideas! (BTW, I am growing lemon balm this summer to try your mosquito repellent "recipe" you posted last year)

julia said...

I tried the drain cleaner thing, and it didn't budge our dear drains.... ours have like 85 years worth of junk in them I'm thinking.

I've used vinegar as a grout cleaner then read not to, so I'll have to try the baking soda idea instead!

Have a great day friend!
juli =)

Rhonda said...

Thanks for sharing you guys. Maggie, you will love the lemon balm. It's a pretty plant and makes good tea too. Try it iced and you have a yummy summer tea. Let me know how it goes!