Thursday, February 14, 2008

My Valentines


A really sweet thing happened tonight. My little Jubal and I snuggled on the couch and he actually fell asleep on my lap. As I was cherishing this moment, I reflected on 2 major blessings God has given me; my husband and my son.

Stephen has been such an encouragement in my life and he has challenged me in so many ways. We have been through so much together; from some hard times in our circumstances to many wonderful memories and adventures. He has been so patient with me and my many flaws and has been so loving to me. He is an awesome man who strives in all he does to be like Christ. It's a lifestyle and a commitment to him. I really respect his faithfulness to God. Stephen, if you are reading this, I love you so much.

And there is Jubal. What a privilege it is to be his mommy. When I was a little girl, I dreamed of getting married, having a family, and growing old with my husband. Sometimes it's surreal to be a mother of this little boy God gave me and Stephen. I am so thankful for this awesome responsibility. I'm also grateful for the grace God has given me to realize that I am not a perfect parent, but in my weakness God's strength is evident.

This valentine's day has been really special to me. I have had time to reflect on God's goodness to me and the family he has blessed me with.

What a sweet day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Rhonda! I connected to your blog through Christy's. I cannot believe how big Jubal is. He is precious. I am so glad to see that you and Stephen/Hippy/or my favorite Skippy as I used to say, are doing well. I would love to catch up with you. I love your Valentines Day blog. It was refreshing. I don't have a blog, but I do email, if you get a chance seanmandyboaz@bellsouth.net.
Love you guys!

Mandy Blackmon Boaz