Saturday, September 19, 2009

It's that time of year


It's that wonderful time of year where the weather is getting cooler, the leaves are falling, and germs are spreading. I am always interested in learning new remedies that are natural AND effective for curing different ailments. A few weeks ago, Stephen started getting some sinus yuckiness so he started eating pieces of raw garlic. It seemed to work very well. He noticed a big difference in a short amount of time. So I decided to try it. I started getting a sore throat today so I made some garlic lemonade and ate a couple of garlic pieces. (Watch out world!) Immediately I can tell a difference. I am going to keep eating it this evening to see how it goes. If that works....hallelujah!

Some benefits of garlic:

High in Antioxidants
Good for healthy cells
Decongestant
A natural antibiotic
A wart fighter
Helps with high blood pressure
Can help get rid of poison ivy

So I encourage you to look into the benefits of garlic. If you find some cool things, let me know!



.



2 comments:

julia said...

Wow Rhonda- I think I'd take the cold over the raw garlic :/
I suppose if you chopped it into swallow-able sized pieces it might work....

I love you guys =)

Rhonda said...

Yeah it does help to chop it. Also when you make the garlic lemonade, which is actually pretty good, that garlic isn't as strong. It's really not too bad at all.
Love you too!