Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A cool find

We are so blessed to have a fantastic grocery store here in Asheville. It's called Amazing Savings. They sell organic (and some conventional) food at very discounted prices. Some of it is outdated but it's still good for the most part. The fun of it (apart from the prices) is you never know what they will have. It's different week to week. I love it! This week I went and found an incredible thing called Soap Nuts.



I have never heard of it before so when I found it, I was immediately sucked in. To educate you a little, soap nuts are the shells from the fruit of the soap nut tree. This tree grows in the wild in India and Nepal. When the nuts are in the water, they release a substance called saponins. It's a natural substance that works like soap to clean dirt and oils from textiles and other surfaces. The other cool thing is that I can reuse the nuts up to 3 times in the same day. What a great money saver and a healthy alternative too. So, if you see any soap nuts, now you know what they are. Have a great day today! Enjoy your family.

3 comments:

Jules said...

I love soap nuts! I can't believe you found them at Amazing Savings. I hope my AS will have some soon...

The Via Colony said...

How cool is that. I've never heard of them before, but it sounds like so much fun! It also sounds like a really awesome store...

Rhonda said...

I haven't used them yet but I am so excited. What a cool thing. Yes, Amazing Savings is a really cool store. Julie, I didn't know you guys had one! That's great!