Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My grandmother is an amazing woman. She has a 7th grade education and she is one of the smartest people I know. She never ceases to amaze me with her creativity and MacGyver-like inventions. She is in her 80s and still gardens, quilts, sews, cooks, and many other things. Did I mention she is amazing? I have always admired her sewing abilities and love that she is so good at it. She is currently making Stephen and I a quilt and when I get it, I will for sure post it on my blog. Not only is she a very talented woman, she is one of the most giving people I know. She is always giving of herself, time, and money to those in need. I am so thankful for the legacy she is to my family.

With hope to be like her in my sewing skills (as well as many other things), I am trying to learn how to make new things and broaden my horizon. So, in light of that, I made a miniature quilt. Granted it didn't take me as long and I did it on my sewing machine, but I think I got the idea and will hopefully make a bigger one in the future.




Don't be afraid to try something new.....

No comments: