Monday, January 19, 2009

Starting with a bang


The first stage of our big adventure started.
Unfortunately, we had to get one of our beautiful and big Maple trees cut down in order to add out to the front of our house. It was sad for me but it's for a good cause. We will also be able to use it for firewood.

It was quite a site to watch as the guys cut it down. They started with the limbs and then down came the big trunk of ol bessie! It was a loud thud and shook the ground. Quite a rush for sure!

Here are some pics of the process. In the background you can see the front of our house.

For those of you interested, I will definitely be posting pictures as I can. It is going to be pretty cool to see the changes. I am so thankful.

We still have to settle the plans for the addition so it may be a few weeks before any building occurs. But I will keep you, my darling blog fans posted.

Limbs being cut off

Hauling away limbs to get ready for the big daddy cut



Here it goes.....


Timber!!!!


Whew!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome! Can't wait to see the progress. I'm excited for you guys.