Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Home Sweet Home

About 5 years ago, Stephen and I bought our first house. To be honest, it was not at all what I had "expected" we would buy. It was small (624 sq feet), had a lot of cleaning up to do, and many fixes had to be made. It would definitely be a sacrifice to live in a little house, but that's what we could afford so we would do the best we could. When Stephen and I talked about buying it, he envisioned all the things we could do and how it would look after it was done. It convinced me that we could make our little house so cute and cozy and we did...well Stephen did. Now, about 5 years later, all of the major work is done; new roof, new hardwood floors, new bathroom, new windows, a new deck, landscaping, and many new cosmetic projects. I am so proud of all the hard work that Stephen has done to make it very attractive and livable for our family. He has made this little dwelling our special little home. I have learned a lot about simplicity and being thankful for what God gives.
God has opened a big door for us to walk through and we are really excited about this new adventure. We are going to add on to our house. We are going to have wonderful contractors that will be doing the work as well. I will keep you updated on our addition so you can see what God is doing in our family.

2 comments:

Sam and Sarah said...

I'm so bad about before and after pictures.. But do you have any??? I LOVE big changes on homes and especially making them so cute and cozy!!! Would love a "tour" of your house! :O)

The Via Colony said...

I'd love to see pictures too!!!