Thursday, January 21, 2010

In the works....

**Deep Breath*** I decided to try my first quilt. I have wanted to do one for a long time but have been intimidated by the whole process. Since I have gotten a little more sewing experience in the past year, I thought I would give it a try.
We got a new bed for Jubal after Christmas so this has been a perfect chance for me to have a go at making a quilt. I got the top done today and am very pleased with how it's turning out. I will post when I get it completely finished. I used some really cute fabric designed by David Walker called Robots. The design is adorable and fun. Let me know what you think!



Note the pirate ship in the middle ;0)






2 comments:

julia said...

Sooo cute!!! Quilts with a bunch of plain squares are tough because they don't always line up right. Yours looks so nice!!!

Rhonda said...

Thanks Julie. Most of the squares matched nicely. I used a quilter's ruler and a rotary cutter. That makes such a difference.
Hope you guys are doing well.