Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I love it when God provides for His children in ways that are so personal and loving. We had a provision like that over the weekend. To give a little background, I love playing the piano. I haven't had one for a long time and have missed playing and have gotten pretty rusty in the process ;). This past mother's day, Stephen and Jubal surprised me by telling me that they wanted to get me one. We found one but it didn't work out. We were a little disappointed but knew that God would provide one in His time. Then a few weeks ago, I took Jubal to the dentist and came out of the office with a big dentist bill that we will be paying on until the end of the year.....bummer...God will provide, God will provide.... He always does. Because of that, I thought it might be a while before we could get a piano.
Stephen found another piano last week and we went to look at it over the weekend. It was in great shape but they were asking a few hundred bucks for it. A good deal but still not feeling a peace about it. I was trying really hard but I just wasn't feeling it. On our way home from looking at the piano, Stephen mentioned that I had a message from a dear friend about a piano she saw. I called her back and she saw one at a yard sale for 50 bucks! I called the owner, we went to look at it, and we are now the proud owners of a beautifully used piano. I am so happy. When I sit down to play, I am just so thankful that God knows me so intimately to provide something that brings me joy like a piano. Hopefully my neighbors will be thankful too ;).
What are some ways that God has provided for you? I would love to hear.


No comments: