Friday, December 19, 2008

Another Cookie recipe


Jubal and I made these yesterday and they are superb!! They remind me a lot of the molasses cookies at Starbucks; that's how yummy they are.

They are easy to make and fun to make with kids. Jubal had a blast.


Chewy Molasses Spice Cookies

2 C flour

1 1/2 tsp. baking soda

1 tsp. cinnamon

1/2 tsp. nutmeg

1/2 tsp. salt

1 1/2 C sugar

3/4 C butter, softened

1 large egg

1/4 C molasses

Preheat oven to 350.
Mix flour, soda, spices, and salt. Set aside. Put 1/2 C. of sugar in a seperate shallow bowl.

Beat rest of sugar and butter in large bowl until well blended. Beat in egg and molasses. Gradually add dry ingredients until well blended and dough is soft.

Pinch off dough and roll into balls. Roll in reserved sugar. Place on baking sheet and bake 10-15 minutes. Cool 1 minute and transfer to cooling racks.


Enjoy!!!

2 comments:

My name is Stephen said...

Where are you hiding them?

Jules said...

Mmmmm...you're right! They are delish! I made them today. I rolled them in the peppermint sugar crystals that I'd been looking for an excuse to use. Thanks!!!

Merry Christmas lady!