Wednesday, July 16, 2008

No Fear

Where Stephen works, there is a massive zip line that goes down into the water. I am not sure how high it is but it's pretty high. (It made me squeal when I did it last year.) Anyway, we have been talking to Jubal about doing it since last year and he just kept saying "I am too scared. I will do it when I am older." Hey, at least he is honest. No pressure from us.
So today we came to see Stephen at work and while we were walking to his office, Jubal says so matter of factly, "I want to do the zip line today. I am not scared anymore." Honestly, I didn't know what to say. So I said, "Sure if that's what you want to do...Are you sure?" "Yes mommy. I am not scared."
Jubal said the same thing to Stephen when he got off work. Alright...go for it!
Standing at the end (across the lake) I waited for him. I was wondering if he would really do it. My heart started beating hard...I don't know who was more nervous, me or him ;). Then I see Stephen jump off the platform but didn't see Jubal. I thought maybe Stephen was showing him how fun it is. Then all of a sudden, I see a little figure coming down the line...it's Jubal!!!! Holy cow!! He did it! Then I start wondering how he will react when he hits the water. He hasn't been too fond of getting splashed in the face until recently. Hmmm....
There he goes. He did it. He's in the water. How cute! How fantastic! I am soooo proud of him. He had a little smile on his face as he and daddy swam to shore. He didn't say much for a while. As we walk along the lake I asked Jubal if his heart beat fast when he jumped off the platform. He said, "I didn't really feel it but it's beating fast now."

No comments: