Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Your digging what?

Long story short: when Stephen and I bought our house, we were told that the previous owner sold a right of way (for a sewer line) through our front yard to a man who will be building some houses across the street. Over a span of 4 years, surveyors have come and gone, a lawsuit was filed against the builder, and things were put off. We tried to see if the right of way could be moved but it couldn't happen without paying thousands of dollars. Not knowing if the sewer line would ever be added, we went ahead and planted a perennial garden, some new trees, and Stephen put up privacy fence. Life went on.

Then last Friday we found out that the project would begin on the following Monday. They would have to dig a 20 feet wide ditch through our yard. So here we go! Stephen and I are bummed but we are trying to make the best of it.

As far as the perennial garden, we dug up all the plants and bulbs and hopefully they will survive this week.

The construction workers have been nice to help us take everything down and dig up stuff.

I will post more pictures as the digging proceeds.

Here are a few shots of before construction and some of the construction.

Before

What they are putting in



The big digger













2 comments:

The Via Colony said...

Aww, sorry about your yard. Hopefully the plants and bulbs will be okay=)

Rhonda said...

Thanks. I hope so too. If not, God will give us more. At least all my bulbs tripled in 4 years so I have a lot more to plant. I am excited about that.
I hope you guys are getting back into USA routine. I have enjoyed reading about your trip.
Take care.