Thursday, May 1, 2008

A bit nosey

About 11 years ago, I had the privilege of going to India to work in some orphanages and experience the Indian Culture. Even though it was a very challenging time in my life, I loved every minute and God really changed me while I was there. I will never forget it. One of the things that was a lasting impression was the jewelry that the women wear. They wear beautiful necklaces, bracelets, anklets and nose rings. The different types of jewelry represents certain things in their culture. For example, nose piercing represents beauty (among other reasons).
I loved the jingling anklets and I also really loved the nose rings. Ever since then, I have had a little quiet desire to get my nose pierced yet I was too scared to get it done. After I had Jubal, I had worked up the nerve to get it done but couldn't find a good place to get it pierced.
Finally after almost 4 years, I met a friend who has his own business doing body piercings so I felt really comfortable with that idea. My friend Jessie went with me and I did it! I can't believe it. This is one thing that really means a lot to me and I am so proud that I did it. Jesus did a beautiful thing in my life while I was India. I will never be the same since that experience. Not only did He work in my life then, He continues to work in my life, making me more like Him.

3 comments:

Building Walls said...

That's so neat Rhonda!! I've always thought those were so beautiful (as are you..) and it's neat with such a connection in your life. I'm so glad you were finally able to do it! love you!

Jules said...

Picture! Picture!

Rhonda said...

Thanks. I will try to post a picture soon. I haven't been able to take a good one of my nose yet. :)