Thursday, January 31, 2008

One more money saver!!

I was planning on ending at #10 but I found this really cool idea online from www.greenguide@thegreenguide.nationalgeographic.com. Not only will it save water in your household but I bet it will save a few pennies a month.
The idea involves the toilet. If you have a 1.6 gallon tank on your commode, put a few handfuls of marbles in a 1 quart jug. Add water until it is full. Put the jug in the tank of your commode. Make sure it sinks to the bottom. This will save the amount of water between flushes.
I haven't done this yet so use at your own discretion. I just thought it was pretty creative and wanted to share that with my wonderful readers.
So, since I am out of ideas for the time being, this will be my last money saver until I find another one. If any of you have some that you practice or have heard of, feel free to comment and let me know. I would love to hear what ya'll do.
I hope these money savers have been fun for you and has helped you and your family like it has mine.
Have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

Geoffrey Janes said...

You can also use a brick, or a rock, or anything that displaces any amount of water. Be careful though...if you displace too much water, your flushes won't be as effective!

Rhonda said...

Thanks Geoffrey. I read that bricks aren't good to use because they can break apart and not be good for the septic or sewage system.
Thanks for the comment!