Saturday, July 25, 2009

A cute idea


The other day I saw a little girl that we know wearing a cute little dress. I asked her mom where she got it and she replied, "I made it out of a pillowcase." What a cool concept and a great way to recycle pillowcases. That roused my curiosity so I did a little searching on the internet and found a great tutorial posted on one of my favorite blogs, Sew Mama Sew. Here is the link in case you are interested, www.jenleheny.com/pillowcase-dress-instructions.

I ended up making one for a precious 2 year old little girl I babysit. It turned out really cute. I didn't have a pillowcase on hand so I just sewed 2 smaller pieces of fabric together to mimic a pillowcase. I also added a little applique (designed by Jesseca Bellemare of "The Modern Baby Company") on the bottom. It was easy and fun. It's definitely worth a try!

No comments: