Friday, September 26, 2008

Now that's what I call....

A huge clove of garlic!
A friend of mine gave me a few bulbs of garlic from a garden he works in. I didn't really think much about it until tonight when I tore into it to use on our pizza. I started pulling the skin away and realized that this massive bump in the bulb was a whole clove, not 3 or 4. This is the biggest clove I have ever seen.


A few fun facts about garlic:

1) Can be used to get rid of poison ivy
2) Helps keep fleas, ticks and flies away from pets
3) Encourages healthy blood pressure and cholesterol
4) Boosts the immune system. We eat more garlic in the winter to help ward off those yucky germs that are rampant during this season.
5) Keeps mosquitos away from humans
6) If you feel like having some alone time, just eat some garlic....

1 comment:

Grant and Charlene said...

Rhonda, you know so much stuff, and that's indeed the biggest clove of garlic I've ever seen! I was thinking of you while trying to cook dry beans tonight. Should have soaked longer, should have used the pressure cooker . . .I'm learning, but you're a pro. I was just thinking about how well you'd do here with making everything from scratch all the time . . .Speaking of scratch, if you get a chance to send your granola recipe my way again, I would love it. I didn't bring it and would really like to make some. You're amazing and beautiful. I love you!