Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Bittersweet Blessing and a wonderful grandma

Last week I got a call from my dad. He left a message asking me to call him back on his cell phone. At first I got a little worried. It's kind of a rare thing for dad to call and leave a message like that. So with a fast pulse and shaky hands I called him.

He answered his phone and immediately asked me a question, "Do you want grandma's van?" It took a minute for my brain to process what he asked.

"Are you serious????"

"Grandma wants to give us her van?"

"Yes. The doctor has told her not to drive anymore and she wants to give it to you."

As we continued the conversation, I learned that it only had 16,000 miles on it.

Praise God!!!

For a few days I was speechless. God works in such incredible ways. Our Honda has 250,00 miles on it and we were prepared just to drive it into the ground.




I feel sad that grandma is losing this part of her independence yet I really admire her courage to so lovingly and willingly give us her new van. She could have easily sold it to make a little extra money for herself.

A few days have come and gone since I picked up the van in VA and I have feelings of humilty and gratitude. I am so blessed to have a grandmother who gives so unselfishly. As long as I can remember she has been that way. Even though she makes just a few hundred dollars a month, she is one of the most giving people I know.

What a testimony to me and my family.

I pray that I can have that kind of attitude and giving spirit.

What about you?

No comments: