Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A lot to say

Wow. It's been a long time since my last post...blush....but ya know? What's a nursing student/mom/wife/employee supposed to do? Hee hee.....
I figured since I had a moment I would say hello and see if anyone is out there, still reading my blog. Hmmm..this should be interesting...
So, a lot has happened since I last wrote an entry. First of all, God has been so incredibly good and faithful to my sweet family. I am so thankful for Him and His hope. He is truly amazing.
I completed my first semester of nursing school. It was so challenging, probably the hardest thing I have ever done, besides giving birth to Jubal. But it has been so incredible. I am learning so much about our bodies and how to care for the sick. One thing I learned, among many, is that I am a darn good shot giver. It's kind of freaky but I like to give them too. Don't tell anyone.
Another adventure is that we became a statistic in the unemployment realm. Stephen got laid off from his job a few months ago. For reasons we don't quite understand yet we have so much peace and have seen God do some incredible things. That leads me to his new adventure...drum roll please......Trips for Kids. God told him to do it and he is. What an amazing talent my husband has. I am so proud of him. You can follow his journey and find out more on http://tripsforkidswnc.com. It's very exciting to see how God is using and will continue to use my very own hubby in our community. He has also been the biggest support in my effort to complete my nursing degree. I couldn't do it without him. He is quite a cute stay at home dad if I say so myself. I love it.
Jubal is growing like a weed. He has lost a couple of teeth, gotten glasses, and is quite a little guy. I am so happy to be his mommy.
So that's about all I have to write now. I hope that I can post some more entries here and there. But I am not making any promises. ;)

3 comments:

Sam and Sarah said...

Glad to hear that you guys are hanging in there, Rhonda! I am always checking in for updates, so keep 'em coming, whenever you get a chance! Greetings to the rest of the family for me! :)

Unknown said...

Hi sweet daughter, Yes, I looked up you blog today. I am trying to reconfigure all my files and email addresses etc, as we had to get a new computer due to the 'worm'!!!
You are a good writer! I hope to get on to email with you again soon. Love, Mom

julia said...

I love what you're doing and it's so not for the faint of heart!! I hope you can squeeze in a post now and then... :)