Monday, May 3, 2010

Here we go!!!!!

Last weekend our little family went camping and cheered Stephen on in his mountain bike race. He did great! Jubal and I managed to dodge some lightening and sheltered ourselves from the downpour while waiting at one of the rest stops. On the other hand, Stephen had the joy of riding in the glorious weather. Thank you, God for keeping him safe.




We had to cut short our camping trip because of the weather but we still had a great time. It was nice to come home to our cozy home and soft bed ;0).After we got unpacked and settled down for the evening, I ventured to open our little pile of mail. One letter stuck out to me. It had AB Tech on the envelope along with the word Admissions stamped on the front. Interesting. I was thinking maybe I forgot to turn something in with my nursing school application. I opened up the envelope and began to read it. Here's what it said. "The evaluation of all records pertaining to your application to the competitive allied health programs at Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College has been completed. Following is the final outcome of your application to the Fall 2010 program:

Associate Degree Nursing: ACCEPTED INTO PROGRAM!!!!!!!!!"

I had to read that sentence a few more times before it dawned on me that I was accepted. Praise God. I am in. I am so excited/nervous/preparing/dreaming. I am so thankful that God has opened this door for me to walk through. For those of you who prayed, thank you. God is good. I am so excited. I will start in August and that's all I know so far. I meet with my advisor in a couple of weeks.

It's crazy to think the one career that I never thought I would be doing, I will be going to school for in a few short weeks. God is so incredible.


Hopefully I won't be using needles as big as me. I don't know if I could handle that ;)

2 comments:

The Via Colony said...

WooHoo!!!

julia said...

Rhonda you'll make a GREAT nurse!!! I'm so excited for you!! And yes we're back in town- can we have a mom's night out soon? Puleese?