Wednesday, October 15, 2008

What in the world just happened?

Last weekend, we went out to eat and on our way home encountered something crazy. As we were driving, we saw a man walking quickly up the road talking on his cell phone carrying a gun. I don't know what it was, I just know that it looked like one you see in the movies. What in the world? So Stephen stopped the van, backed up into a long driveway so we could get out of there. As we were backing up, we noticed a car behind us with people scurrying around. So pretty much we were in between whatever was going on. We got out of there fast.
I have been wondering what happened and then Stephen found the article in our paper. http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=200881014092
I feel a little better knowing it was an undercover cop and not a rascal. Either way, God protected us during a sticky situation. Whew! I think I have stopped shaking.

2 comments:

The Via Colony said...

Oh wow!! I would have been shaking too... Glad ya'll got out okay.

Monica said...

Wow, sounds like a bizarre situation!

One time a restaurant we were eating in was robbed. It was the people who paid for their food right ahead of us. It was a crazee time. The robber was so discreet about it, we didn't realize it until the cashier told us.